Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Best Husband Ever!!

Last weekend was so much fun! I got to hang out with my older sister and her kids in Mesa. They are so much fun. But, on Sunday night around 9, I started getting a headache so Seth and I went home and I fell asleep on the coach.

When I woke up, my throat hurt a little. Seth gave me Advil, helped me into bed, and I was out. At about 5 am I woke up with the worst sore throat I have ever had. I was in so much pain and I could feel that I had a fever. I didn't want to wake Seth up so I got up, found a flashlight, and looked at my throat. My tonsils were so swollen and I had blisters all over the right side. It was gross. At 7, I went into our room, woke Seth up and said, "Can you look at my throat? I might need to go to the doctor." He got up and looked in my throat. He said it looked pretty bad, so I made a doctor's appointment.

I told the doctor that I had felt just fine the day before. He asked me all these allergy related questions, looked at my throat and said, "That's gross." I kind of laughed a little, thinking he was joking. But then I looked at his face and he said, "Seriously, it's nasty inside your mouth." Oh. The doctor said it's definitely strep throat and gave me antibiotics to fight the infection. I was shocked! There were no white spots on my tonsils and I haven't been teaching this year so I thought for sure I couldn't get sick. That night was the worst night ever though. I had a fever and the chills and I couldn't swallow my own spit. I even considered just letting myself drool all night so I wouldn't be in pain, but that's gross. I finally got up at 3:30am and looked at my throat. My tonsils were a big sheet of white. Eww. I went and laid on the coach. Much more comfortable. I popped the Advil in my mouth and drifted off to sleep.

Seth was so sweet and took care of me. I hope he doesn't get sick. I have been on antibiotics for more than 24 hours now so I shouldn't be contagious. Last night, Seth went to the store and bought me a ton of soup, fruit to make a smoothie, and potatoes so he could make me mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were so good! They were creamy and flavorful. And the smoothie was just what I needed. Full of vitamins. He was definitely thinking about what I needed and not what he wanted, which was probably steak.

Today, I feel so much better. Seth decided to work from home today. He made me soup for lunch and we will probably have more mashed potatoes for dinner. Ha ha- but I haven't heard him complain once! I think he likes taking care of me. Or maybe I just like it when he makes me food I can eat. :) I am so lucky to have a husband who takes care of me. He's the best!

Side note: Before I went to my doctor's appointment, I had to take Seth to work because his battery died on his car. When he got home, we went and got a new battery, and he installed it himself. I was very impressed. Also, thanks to my dad who made me a PB&J sandwich that I forced myself to eat so I didn't pass out.

One last note: The maintenance guys came to fix the leak in our hallway. It doesn't drip there anymore! . . . but . . . that's because now it drips in our bathroom right above the sink. A little less annoying, but still annoying.

4 comments:

Rick and Collette said...

What a good husband! Sorry you got sick. That is no fun! Hope you feel better soon. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.:)

Diana said...

Awwwwww!!!! Glad you're on the mend.

Anonymous said...

sorry you got sick :( I remember when I was sick a few days after he was born benji, my husband too much of my care, We are very blessed to have good husbands! i hope you feel better soon :)

seth said...

And before you say you're not impressed by changing my battery, take a look at all the shrouding I had to remove to replace said battery: http://autodiyonline.com/infiniti-diys/infiniti-g-series-diys/infiniti-g-series-2007-2008-battery-replacement-diy/