Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sister-in-laws are cool

I love being married because Seth's family is MY family. I grew up with only sisters and my sisters and I are very close. It has been a little difficult for me to not be able to see them as often as I'd like since we all live in different places. But, I have 4 NEW sisters that I can hang out with and have fun with as well. I am so lucky. :)

Last Saturday, two sister-in-laws, Jenny and Sarah came to Phoenix to hang out with me. I was so excited and I think I talked about it all week -- which probably drove Seth crazy. Seth was excited too because having me out of the house meant that he could play video games with his brother. Boring.

Anyway, the three of us went to get pedicures. I have never been to a nail shop up here, but we really liked the one on Glendale and 35th Ave. I had them paint my toes purple and put a flower on my big toe. The girl also put a red jewel inside the flower.
**side note - I have gotten so many compliments this last week from students I taught about my toes. One 1st grade boy on Friday could not stop touching my toes when we were sitting on the carpet. I think he liked feeling the jewel, or he thought my toes looked cool. I told him to stop 3 times, then finally asked him to move back away from me. Ha ha.

Later that night, Seth and I were going to meet some friends for dinner at Chino Bandidos. We invited the sisters to come along and I was so glad they did. Jenny told me about the Chocolate Volcano cookie Chinos has that I might not have gotten if she wasn't there. Thank goodness. It was the best cookie!  

I had a lot of fun with my sister-in-laws and look forward to hanging out with them again.

1 comment:

The Cunninghams said...

Fun! I like your toes too, very pretty!